Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Flat tire caused 4-fatality crash near Lake of the Ozarks
Farmer's market food regulations similar to restaurants, grocery stores
Breaking down Amendment 7, proposed sales tax increase for road improvements
Hickman's Arnel Monroe pleads guilty to DWI charge
California man killed in Tuesday crash
France: Air Algerie plane likely crashed
Two arrested for meth and pot in Osage Co.
Contact lost with Air Algerie plane