Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Man arrested for DWI after serious crash on Hwy. 54
Flooding causes road closures in Boone County
ISIS video purports to show beheading of 2nd US journalist
Emergency crews respond to water rescues
Lightning sparks fire in apartment building
iCloud accounts hacked and personal information leaked
Manhunt Monday: Mid-Missouri's most wanted September 1
CEO pleads guilty in failed sweetener plant case