Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Fourth downtown business hit by vandals overnight
Mid-MO man arrested in Kentucky for local bank robbery
Man gets third DWI going wrong way along Hwy. 54
Three charged in Boone County meth bust
Haith departure puts Missouri back on the coaching search
Police search home of highway shooting suspect
Woman dies in Moberly after falling off porch
Police locate missing Jefferson City girl
Easter traditions from around the world