Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Father and son found dead in car in creek near Moberly
UPDATE: Missing Bolivar boy found
Man arrested following fatal Rolla shooting
Man stabs two Jefferson City women
Camden Co. Sheriff's Office investigating after man and toddler found dead in Camdenton
Two Columbia men arrested in drug trafficking investigation
Parents at University Village daycare upset over engineers' findings
Residents react to engineer findings at University Village