Stress headaches: Stop the cycle
Updated On: May 20 2014 03:27:56 PM CDT
Stress can make your head hurt, and a headache can really stress you out. Either way, you can rein in the pain with these tips to keep stress under control:
1. Simplify. Ask yourself what really needs to be done and what can be dropped.
2. Delegate. Look over your to-do list and delegate what you can.
3. Laugh. Humor is a great way to relieve stress.
4. Relax. When you feel your muscles begin to tense, breathe deeply. Focus on inhaling and exhaling deeply and slowly for at least 10 minutes.
5. Exercise. Regular exercise provides a healthy break from the stress of daily life.
Columbia city councilwoman wants tobacco products restricted for those under 21
Three Boone County businesses cited for selling alcohol to a minor
Suspects take plea deal in local couple's death
Doctors try new business models to improve care
Prairie Home schools closed Monday
New crosswalk designed to boost safety in Jefferson City
Opus demolishes buildings for student housing complex
Changes to be made to prevent pedestrians from crossing College Avenue