University of Missouri System forms chancellor search committee
The University of Missouri System announced Thursday it has formed a search committee tasked with finding a new chancellor.
The chancellor will replace Chancellor Brady Deaton, who is retiring effective Nov. 15.
The 18-person committee will be co-chaired by curator Ann Covington and the dean of the School of Journalism Dean Mills. Faculty, staff, alumni, students, retirees and donors are all on the committee.
Member of the committee include:
- James Birchler, Curators Professor of Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Science, Member of the National Academy of Sciences
- Nick Droege, President, Missouri Students Association, Undergraduate Student: Biology
- Joan Gabel, Robert J. Trulaske Sr. Dean, Robert J. Trulaske Sr. College of Business
- Anita Hampton, Vice-Chair Communications, Extension State Council, University of Missouri Extension
- Jana Hawley, Professor and Department Chair, Textile and Apparel Management, College of Human Environmental Science
- Ellis Ingram, Sr. Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, School of Medicine
- Tracey Mershon, President of the Mizzou Alumni Association
- Deborah S. Noble-Triplett, Assistant Vice President, UM System
- James Pace, Alumnus, Retired CEO of ROM Corporation
- Cheryl B. Schrader, Chancellor, Missouri S&T
- Gary L. Smith, Director Emeritus of Admissions and Registrar (retiree), MU
- Rebecca Stafford, Chair Staff Advisory Council
- Jinglu Tan, Director, Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering; Professor and Chair, Biological Engineering
- Mitch Wasden, Chief Executive and Operating Officer, University of Missouri Healthcare
- William Wiebold, Professor of Plant Sciences, Division of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, MU Faculty Council
- Jacob ‘Jake’ Wright, President, Graduate Professional Council, Doctoral Student: Philosophy
This week, the university held two public forums, which allowed staff, students and the public to provide input on what qualities the new chancellor should have.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Key witness in Ferguson wanted in Jefferson City
Police: St. Louis officers kill suspect with knife
One seriously injured in Boone Co. crash
At least 57 arrested overnight in Ferguson
Two people die, I-70 shuts down for multiple crashes Monday
Holder: 'Change is coming' after police shooting
Self-harm is a growing problem; what parents need to watch for
Teen accused of robbing drunk victim near MU campus
Foods that suppress your appetite
Americans detained abroad