University of Missouri System forms chancellor search committee
The University of Missouri System announced Thursday it has formed a search committee tasked with finding a new chancellor.
The chancellor will replace Chancellor Brady Deaton, who is retiring effective Nov. 15.
The 18-person committee will be co-chaired by curator Ann Covington and the dean of the School of Journalism Dean Mills. Faculty, staff, alumni, students, retirees and donors are all on the committee.
Member of the committee include:
- James Birchler, Curators Professor of Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Science, Member of the National Academy of Sciences
- Nick Droege, President, Missouri Students Association, Undergraduate Student: Biology
- Joan Gabel, Robert J. Trulaske Sr. Dean, Robert J. Trulaske Sr. College of Business
- Anita Hampton, Vice-Chair Communications, Extension State Council, University of Missouri Extension
- Jana Hawley, Professor and Department Chair, Textile and Apparel Management, College of Human Environmental Science
- Ellis Ingram, Sr. Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, School of Medicine
- Tracey Mershon, President of the Mizzou Alumni Association
- Deborah S. Noble-Triplett, Assistant Vice President, UM System
- James Pace, Alumnus, Retired CEO of ROM Corporation
- Cheryl B. Schrader, Chancellor, Missouri S&T
- Gary L. Smith, Director Emeritus of Admissions and Registrar (retiree), MU
- Rebecca Stafford, Chair Staff Advisory Council
- Jinglu Tan, Director, Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering; Professor and Chair, Biological Engineering
- Mitch Wasden, Chief Executive and Operating Officer, University of Missouri Healthcare
- William Wiebold, Professor of Plant Sciences, Division of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, MU Faculty Council
- Jacob ‘Jake’ Wright, President, Graduate Professional Council, Doctoral Student: Philosophy
This week, the university held two public forums, which allowed staff, students and the public to provide input on what qualities the new chancellor should have.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Flat tire caused 4-fatality crash near Lake of the Ozarks
Farmer's market food regulations similar to restaurants, grocery stores
Hickman's Arnel Monroe pleads guilty to DWI charge
Lawsuit filed against Eldon smoke shop
Missing woman found alive in Camden Co.
Two arrested for meth and pot in Osage Co.
California man killed in Tuesday crash
Breaking down Amendment 7, proposed sales tax increase for road improvements
Marc Burns shows off impressive resume