Columbia
74° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds

Mother and 1 year-old child escape Columbia cooking fire

Published On: Jan 27 2014 07:22:52 PM CST
Updated On: Jan 28 2014 07:46:33 PM CST
COLUMBIA, Mo. -

Officials said Tuesday unattended cooking caused a fire near the Columbia Mall. A woman and her 1 year-old child are staying with relatives after escaping unharmed Monday afternoon along Claudell Lane off Worley Street. The home was destroyed.

The Red Cross also helped a family from the other apartment on Tuesday, which includes a mother and her three children, ages 8, 13 and 15. Their unit only received minor damage.

In total, the fire cost roughly $65,000.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus