Six evacuated after fire on the north side of Columbia
Updated On: Jan 25 2014 05:47:03 PM CST
The Boone County Fire Department responded to a fire on the north side of Columbia at 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
The fire was on North Wade School Road located in the left unit of the duplex. The occupants were sleeping when one resident woke up to a fire in the kitchen near the stove.
They were not cooking and the fire spread too quickly for them to contain it themselves.
All three occupants evacuated and had their duplex neighbors do the same.
The Boone County Fire Department did find the residences dog underneath the bed.
Captain Martina Pounds told ABC 17 News that all occupants are safe, including the dog.
Right now damages are estimated to be between $70,000 to $80,000.
Copyright © 2014 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
One arrested, two on the loose after Moberly bank robbery
Key witness in Ferguson wanted in Jefferson City
Two charged after deputies find drugs in home with children present
Missouri Congressman voices his concerns about Ferguson situation
Scientists excited about total solar eclipse to impact Mid-Missouri
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?
Lake Shootout brings extra water traffic
Two arrested for having and selling meth in Maries Co.