Guided hikes are being offered free of charge at state parks around Missouri on New Year's Day. The Department of Natural Resources is offering the hikes to the public as a healthy way of getting connected with the outdoors.
Participating parks in mid-Missouri include the following meeting times and locations:
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park - meet at Devil's Icebox Trail parking at 1 and 1:30 p.m.
- Arrow Rock State Historic Site - meet at the visitor center parking lot at 10 a.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, West Section - meet at Boonville trail head at 1 p.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, Midwest Section - meet at McBaine trail head at 1:15 p.m.
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park in Kaiser - meet at the campground entrance at 10 a.m.
You can find more information at www.mostateparks.com