Guided hikes offered at state parks on New Year's Day
Guided hikes are being offered free of charge at state parks around Missouri on New Year's Day. The Department of Natural Resources is offering the hikes to the public as a healthy way of getting connected with the outdoors.
Participating parks in mid-Missouri include the following meeting times and locations:
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park - meet at Devil's Icebox Trail parking at 1 and 1:30 p.m.
- Arrow Rock State Historic Site - meet at the visitor center parking lot at 10 a.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, West Section - meet at Boonville trail head at 1 p.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, Midwest Section - meet at McBaine trail head at 1:15 p.m.
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park in Kaiser - meet at the campground entrance at 10 a.m.
You can find more information at www.mostateparks.com
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Report: 76ers oppose lottery changes
Jefferson City man charged with 1st degree sodomy
Gas prices jump 30 cents in Columbia
Two arrested for robbery northeast of Columbia
Multi-million dollar project aims to ease congestion in Capital City
Levi Copelin suspended for 2014-2015 season
Boone Hospital ranked #4 hospital in Missouri
St. Louis man federally indicted for overdosing in Columbia hotel room