Columbia
59° F
Clear
Clear

Grease fire injures residents and causes minor damage

Published On: May 01 2013 06:31:44 PM CDT
COLUMBIA, Mo. -

Two people suffered minor injuries during a Wednesday afternoon apartment fire in Columbia.

The Columbia Fire Department responded to a fire at the Columbia Crossing Apartments off White Gate Drive around 4:30 p.m.

Dispatchers stated there was a grease fire on the stove and the residents had sustained grease burns while attempting to remove a pan from the stove.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, but said the fire caused damage to the stove, range hood and kitchen cabinets.

Fire damage is estimated at $3,000 but the apartment is still habitable.

The two residents were transported to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus