Columbia
47° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

Fulton Walmart evacuated for fire

Published On: Aug 04 2013 08:08:56 PM CDT
FULTON, Mo. -

Customers were evacuated from the Walmart in Fulton Sunday evening after a meat cooler caught fire.

According to a news release, fire crews originally responded to a report of smoke inside the store just before 5 p.m.

When firefighters got to the scene, the meat cooler display also had flames coming out of its electrical arcs.

Fire investigators said Sunday night the fire was likely accidental and electrical in nature.

15 firefighters in three engines spend about 30 minutes putting the fire out. It did $2,000 in damage.

In the news release, Fulton fire chief Dean Buffington praised the Walmart staff for handling the evacuation.

Police were also on hand to help with traffic and crowd control.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus