Fire severely damages Boone County home
Updated On: Sep 05 2013 03:59:54 PM CDT
Part of a home in Boone County was severely damaged in a house fire Thursday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., fire crews were called to a home in the 4100 block of Eagle View Court, southwest of Columbia.
Eleven units from the Columbia Fire Department and the Boone County Fire Protection District responded to the scene.
Firefighters were able contain the fire and most of the smoke to the garage and attic.
Emergency crews say the home's garage was badly damaged and an SUV and boat that were inside were destroyed.
The homeowners were home at the time and were able to safely evacuate. They told ABC 17 News they will stay with family members Thursday night.
Officials say a recently-used lawnmower may have caused the fire, but they are still investigating. Battalion Chief Brad Fraizer estimates damage at $50,000.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for more on this developing story.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Two injured after falling from 18 feet in Stephens Lake Park
Wanted Columbia man arrested in northwest Missouri after long police chase
Homecoming prince opens fire at school
Detectives monitor more than 300 sex offenders in Boone County
Accused killer shares his side of the story: "I didn't do it, it was just an accident"
Jefferson City man arrested for shooting, drugs
Residents push to recall Columbia councilwoman
Proposition 1 sparks debate less than two weeks before election
Bus driver beats down would-be purse snatcher