Columbia
48° F
Clear
Clear

Dishwasher blamed for Columbia house fire

Published On: Jul 14 2013 11:06:27 PM CDT
Updated On: Jul 14 2013 11:09:58 PM CDT
Dishwasher to blame for Bourn Ave fire
COLUMBIA, Mo. -

A dishwasher was blamed for a Columbia house fire Sunday morning.

Fire crews said the flames and smoke were spewing from the kitchen window of 1000 Bourn Avenue just after 9 a.m.

The Assistant Fire Marshal said in a news release that a dishwasher had sparked the blaze, which did roughly $10,000 worth of damage to the property.

Crews had the fire put out within five minutes, but spent several hours using large fans to air out the house.

No one was injured in the fire.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus