Cream sold in Mid-Missouri recalled
Updated On: Jun 21 2013 08:05:28 PM CDT
Missouri's State Milk Board is recalling cream produced by Ozark Mountain Creamery and sold in several Mid-Missouri stores.
According to test results, some products from the Mountain Grove, Mo.-based company came back positive with high residual phosphatase.
High levels of residual phosphatase could mean the cream is unpasteurized or contains improperly pasteurized milk.
The positive sampled was collected June 7th during a randomly scheduled, routine inspection.
The cream being recalled comes in one-half gallon, glass bottles and marked with the code ’6/28.’
Other cream packaged in one-half gallon, glass bottles and marked with the code ‘7/05’ are being voluntarily withdrawn pending further testing.
The cream may have been sold in the following locations:
• Farmhand Supply in Bernie, Mo.
• Foods For Health in Rolla, Mo.
• Sidney St. Café (restaurant) in St. Louis
• Vanbuskirk Chocolate in St. Louis
• Local Harvest (restaurant) in St. Louis
• The Root Cellar in Columbia, Mo.
• Clover’s Natural Foods in Columbia, Mo.
• BK Bakery in Jefferson City, Mo.
• Paul’s Supermarket in Osage Beach, Mo.
• Jean’s Healthway in Ava, Mo.
• Homegrown Foods in Springfield, Mo.
• Amish Country Store in Branson, Mo.
• Shetler’s Wholesale in Cabool and Mountain Grove, Mo.
• MaMa Jean’s Markets on Republic Road, Campbell and Sunshine in Springfield, Mo.
• Schnucks in Columbia, Eureka, Jefferson City and Washington, Mo.
• Hyvee in Jefferson City and Springfield, Mo.
Anyone who purchased the cream may return the unused portion to the store from which they purchased the product.
Flat tire caused 4-fatality crash near Lake of the Ozarks
Three charged for selling synthetic drugs in Miller Co.
Man posing as animal control officer tries to enter Columbia home
Osage County Sheriff faces more legal trouble
Local FBI agent accused of strangling teen
Breaking down Amendment 7, proposed sales tax increase for road improvements
Columbia Police department buys body cameras for all officers
Man arrested after child custody dispute in Jefferson City