Columbia
39° F
Clear
Clear

Columbia home damaged by electrical fire

By ABC 17 News Staff, news@kmiz.com
Published On: Jan 27 2014 07:25:24 AM CST
Updated On: Jan 27 2014 01:42:04 PM CST
COLUMBIA, Mo. -

Fire investigators say faulty wiring in the attic of a Columbia home caused the fire that damaged it Sunday night.

The fire started at around 10:40 p.m. at the home on Washington Avenue.

Firefighters found smoke and small flames coming from the eaves, and were able to put the fire out after taking down some drywall. No one was hurt.

Most of the damage happened in the attic rafters. The cost of the damage has been estimated at $25,000.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus