Columbia
31° F
Clear
Clear

Cigarette causes deck fire in Columbia

Published On: May 19 2013 09:37:03 PM CDT
COLUMBIA, Mo. -

A fire damaged a Columbia apartment Sunday evening.

The Columbia Fire Department said firefighters responded to a fire in the 900 block of Rogers Street around 6:40 p.m. When crews arrived, most of the fire on a second-story deck had already been extinguished.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and hotspots.

The fire marshal said a cigarette left in a flower pot full of dry materials caused the fire.

Damage to the deck is estimated at $3,000 and no one was injured in the fire.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus