Columbia
40° F
Overcast
Overcast

Dog reaching for treats sparks house fire

Published On: Dec 24 2013 12:22:44 PM CST
Updated On: Oct 28 2013 07:58:33 AM CDT
Hunting dog

A dog reaching for treats on top of a stove sparked an apartment fire in Washington, fire officials said.

It appears the black Labrador was trying to get at a bag of dog food when it accidentally turned the stove on with its paw, Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple told KPQ radio.

The dog's owners weren't home at the time.

Firefighters were able to rescue the pooch, but had to revive the animal using snout-to-mouth resuscitation, according to KPQ.

Damages are estimated at $10,000.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus