How to obtain your vaccination records
Updated On: Aug 19 2013 09:40:00 AM CDT
At various times you and your child will need to present immunization records for school, work, daycare and even traveling. If you can’t find your copy of your vaccination records you can use the following tips for how to locate them.
Children often need their immunization records for school, daycare, sports and even when traveling.
To obtain your child’s immunization records the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following options:
- Request the records from your child’s doctor’s office
- Request the records from a previous or current school
- Check with your state’s health department for your child’s records
If you cannot locate your child’s immunization records he or she may need to be vaccinated again for various diseases. You should check with your child’s physician to see how to proceed.
Occasionally you may find that you need your immunization records for certain jobs or even for travelling. To locate these records you can try the following options recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Ask your doctor’s office if they have your records of all past immunizations
- Ask your old schools if they have your records on file
- Check through your old childhood paperwork to see if there is a copy filed away with other documents
- Check with previous employers if any of them ever required vaccination records
- Check with your state’s health department
If you are unable to locate your vaccination records, seek the advice of your physician. You may need to get the vaccinations again. The CDC says it is safe to be re-vaccinated against diseases.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Crews working accident involving SUV and motorcycle
Jefferson City man charged after stabbing
Two MU students report rapes near campus
Columbia city councilwoman wants tobacco products restricted for those under 21
Doctors try new business models to improve care
What information do new homeowners really get?
Severe respiratory illness confirmed in 12 states
Suspects take plea deal in local couple's death
Kewpie soccer end losing streak to rival Rock Bridge