Metal in doughnut sends boy to hospital
Updated On: Aug 26 2013 03:39:25 PM CDT
A sweet breakfast treat left a 6-year-old Kansas boy in the hospital.
Logan Ratai had to be taken to the hospital in Fort Riley on Sunday after biting into a glazed cake doughnut from the Wal-Mart bakery in Junction City, Topeka TV station WIBW reported.
Logan said the doughnut tasted crunchy. Then he chipped a tooth.
"There were pieces of black metal, some of them looked like rings, like washers off of a little screw, some of them were black metal fragments, like real sharp pieces," his mother, Kelly Ratai, told WIBW.
His parents brought him to the hospital after he complained of abdominal pains.
He's now facing a round of antibiotics and a clear liquid diet.
The bakery has pulled the doughnuts from its shelves, and a spokesman for Wal-Mart told WIBW they were investigating the incident.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Man arrested for DWI after serious crash on Hwy. 54
Flooding causes road closures in Boone County
Emergency crews respond to water rescues
Lightning sparks fire in apartment building
Manhunt Monday: Mid-Missouri's most wanted September 1
ISIS video purports to show beheading of 2nd US journalist
Heart of America Marathon finishes in downtown Columbia this morning
Bee Line Snack Shop robbed in the early hours of Labor Day