Guided hikes offered at state parks on New Year's Day
Guided hikes are being offered free of charge at state parks around Missouri on New Year's Day. The Department of Natural Resources is offering the hikes to the public as a healthy way of getting connected with the outdoors.
Participating parks in mid-Missouri include the following meeting times and locations:
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park - meet at Devil's Icebox Trail parking at 1 and 1:30 p.m.
- Arrow Rock State Historic Site - meet at the visitor center parking lot at 10 a.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, West Section - meet at Boonville trail head at 1 p.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, Midwest Section - meet at McBaine trail head at 1:15 p.m.
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park in Kaiser - meet at the campground entrance at 10 a.m.
You can find more information at www.mostateparks.com
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Father of Randy Chugg gives son Purple Heart
Missing Pulaski County 4-year-old found
Columbia man killed in Interstate 70 crash
4 Sedalia residents killed in single-car crash
Centralia man arrested for sex crimes against child
MU police report weekend campus rape
Vast waters hide clues in hunt for jet
No foul play suspect in Camden Co. deaths